, and Choundhury, A. “It’s Good but Not for Me: Exploring Older Adults’ Perceived Usefulness of Smart Speaker.”
and Li, M., “Awareness, Understanding, and Action: A Conceptual Framework of User Experiences and Expectations about Indoor Air Quality Visualizations.”
, Li, M., Senick, J., and Mainelis, G. “Exploring Design Factors to Engage Children in Monitoring Indoor Air Quality from Children’s Perspective” , Mikesell, L., Aakhus, M., “User-Centered Design to Improve the Communication about Prognosis with Leukemia Patients”
, Choundhury, A., “The Comparison of Older and Younger Adults' Attitudes Towards the Adoption and Use of Wearable Activity Trackers”
- “Sensing the Invisible: Understanding the Perception of Indoor Air Quality Among Children in Low-Income Families”, International Journal of Child-Computer Interaction.
, Senick, J., and Mainelis, G. (2019).
- "Communication matters: Exploring older adults’ current use of patient portals." International journal of medical informatics 120 (2018): 126-136.
, and Fadem, S. (2018)
- “Designing a Personalized Support Tool for Patients Facing Bone Marrow Transplant.” In Proceedings of the 13th EAI International Conference on Pervasive Computing Technologies for Healthcare, pp. 41-50. ACM, 2019.
Mikesell, L., Fadem, S., and Aakhus, M. (2019)
- "Comparative Review of Research on Health Information Technology in Biomedical Informatics and Human-Computer Interaction." In the International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction, pp. 16-32. Springer, Cham, 2019.
- “Creating an EMR System to Support Mobile Clinics in Haiti.” In Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Information and Communication Technologies and Development. p. 23. ACM, 2019.
, Allen, T., and Bhatt, T. (2019).
- “SwellFit: Developing A Wearable Sensor for Monitoring Peripheral Edema.” In Proceedings of the 52nd Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences. 2019. (Best paper honorable mention)
, Ivarantchi, Y., and Gajos, K. Z. (2019).
- "Investigating Everyday Information Behavior of Using Ambient Displays: A Case of Indoor Air Quality Monitors." In Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Human Information Interaction & Retrieval, pp. 249-252. ACM.
- Acceptance of Consumer Health Technologies by Older Adults In Proceedings of MobileHCI'16, 2016.
, Gajos, K. Z., Grosz, B., & Muller, M. (2016).
- Exploring Barriers to the Adoption of Mobile Technologies for Volunteer Data Collection Campaigns. In Proceedings of the SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (pp. 3117-3126). ACM [Acceptance Rate: 23%]
, Mankoff, J., & Paulos, E. (2015).
- inAir: a longitudinal study of indoor air quality measurements and visualizations, In Proceedings of the SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (pp. 2745-2754). ACM [Acceptance Rate: 20%]
, Paulos, E. & Mankoff, J. (2013)
- Sensr: evaluating a flexible framework for authoring mobile data-collection tools for citizen science. In Proceedings of the 2013 conference on Computer supported cooperative work (pp. 1453-1462). ACM. [Acceptance Rate: 35.6%]
, Mankoff, J., & Paulos, E. (2013).
- Creek watch: pairing usefulness and usability for successful citizen science. In Proceedings of the SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (pp. 2125-2134). ACM. [Acceptance Rate: 26%]
, Robson, C., Zimmerman, T., Pierce, J., & Haber, E. M. (2011).
- Practices in the creative reuse of e-waste . In Proceedings of the SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (pp. 2395-2404). ACM. [Acceptance Rate: 26%]
, & Paulos, E. (2011).
- InAir: sharing indoor air quality measurements and visualizations. In Proceedings of the SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (pp. 1861-1870). ACM. [Acceptance Rate: 22%]
, & Paulos, E. (2010).
- WearAir: expressive t-shirts for air quality sensing . In Proceedings of the fourth international conference on Tangible, embedded, and embodied interaction (pp. 295-296). ACM. [Acceptance Rate: 34%]
, Paulos, E., & Gross, M. D. (2010).
- Listening to air quality. In Proceedings of the First international conference on Expressive Interactions for Sustainability and Empowerment (pp. 9-9). British Computer Society.
, & Paulos, E. (2009).
- inAir: measuring and visualizing indoor air quality. In Proceedings of the 11th international conference on Ubiquitous computing (pp. 81-84). ACM. [Acceptance Rate: 12.9%]
, & Paulos, E. (2009).
- Are you sleeping?: sharing portrayed sleeping status within a social network. In Proceedings of the 2008 ACM conference on Computer supported cooperative work (pp. 619-628). ACM. [Acceptance Rate: 23%]
, Kientz, J. A., Patel, S. N., & Abowd, G. D. (2008).
- Paulos. E., The Rise of the Expert Amateur: Citizen Science and Micro –Volunteerism, chapter contribution in From Social Butterfly to Engaged Citizen. Edited by Marcus Foth, MIT Press, 2010
& Kuznetsov. S. (2010).
- A flexible tool for participating, authoring, and managing citizen science campaigns on-the-go. In Proceedings of the 2012 ACM Conference on Ubiquitous Computing (pp. 556-559). ACM.
- Exploring the Opportunities of Mobile Technology Use in Nonprofit Organizations. In CHI'14 Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems. ACM.
, Mankoff, J. & Paulos, E. (2014).
- A subscription-based authoring tool for mobile citizen science campaigns. In CHI'12 Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems (pp. 2135-2140). ACM.
, & Paulos, E. (2012).
- SwellFit: a Wearable Sensor for Patients with Congestive Heart Failure. In Proceedings of the Workshop on Interactive Systems in Healthcare (WISH), San Jose, CA, May 7,
, Iravantchi, Y., Gajos, K. Z., & Grosz, B. 2016.
- Exploring Opportunities for Social Infrastructure in Congestive Heart Failure Management. CSCW 2015 Workshop on Moving Beyond e-Health and the Quantified Self, Vancouver, BC, Canada, 2015.
, Iravantchi, Y., Gajos, K. Z., & Grosz, B. (2015).
- Reflecting the Current Practices of Technology Use in Volunteer Data Collection Activities on the Opportunities of Mobile Technology. Technical Report, CMU-HCII-14-107, Carnegie Mellon University.
, Mankoff, J., & Paulos, E. (2014).
- E-waste: Repair or Replace? That is the Question. Human Computer Interaction Consortium, Monterey, CA, USA
- Sustainable Reusability in the Rise of Electronic Waste. CHI 2013 Workshop on Reclaiming Repair, Paris, France, 2013.
- Technology to empower citizen scientists, The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Kentucky, USA, 2013.
- Environmental inference: using activity inference as a way to collect environmental data for urban health, CHI 2011 workshop on Data collection by the people for the people, Vancouver, BC, Canada, 2013.
- Understanding e-Waste: How to Encourage Re-use and Longevity-of-use of Domestic e-Waste, CHI 2010 Workshop on Examining appropriation, re-use and maintenance for sustainability, Atlanta, Georgia, USA, 2010.
, & Paulos, E. (2010).
- Building a simple, low‐cost air quality sensor for monitoring indoor air quality, CHI 2009 Workshop of DIY for CHI: methods, Communities and values of reuse and customization, Boston, Massachusetts, USA, 2009.
, & Paulos, E. (2009).
- Digital Picture Schedule: An Everyday Activity sharing Tool for parents of Children with Autism.
(2008), Richardson, J., Arriaga, R., & Abowd, G. D.